Saturday, November 8, 2008

Turtlenecks

Turtlenecks have been around for such a long time now...I don't remember exactly the year but I once read they were worn around by whale fishermen back in the 19th century. And since then they've become a staple in a man's wardrobe. IMO turtlenecks reached their peak during the 60s with Mod fashion and were still worn in the 70s by Halston and countless others. It seems as throughout the 80s and 90s turtlenecks were thought of only as winter wear. However during this decade, the 00s, I've seen it make a kind of comeback on the runways.

I personally think turtlenecks can make a fall/winter outfit look elegant yet simple, different from the rest. I recommend have different colors to combine with different pieces. And if worn with a jacket you have the recreation of the 60s mod look.


Photo: Flickr

No comments: