Friday, February 12, 2010

Love Is A Funny Thing

They say Love is blind, crazy, without reason, magical...but in 1969 Claude Lelouch said "Love Is A Funny Thing". Annie Girardot & Jean Paul Belmondo starred in "Un Homme Qui Me Plait" (like this film was called back in France) as Francoise and Henri. Both characters are in the United States at the time, Francoise is an actress and Henri a soundtrack composer; they meet and fall in love, travel around the United States and then back to France where each of them has a family.





Worth of mention is the film's soundtrack composed by Francis Lai, who had composed previously the soundtrack for two of Lelouch's hit films of the late 60s: "Un Homme Et Une Femme" and "Vivre Pour Vivre".

Below a video in which one can see Francoise & Henri flying over the Grand Canyon and listen to the film's theme song. The second video gives us a glimpse at a crucial moment in Francoise's life during the movie.










I would like to wish all of you my readers a Happy Valentine's Day!


And well to end this post, I'd like to say that I send my condolences to the family and friends of British designer Alexander Mc Queen who passed away yesterday at the age of 40. May he rest in peace and I'm sure his legacy will continue living for the upcoming decades.



Photo & Videos: Allocine.fr, Youtube.com

2 comments:

jeune premier said...

great film my friend!!!
and JPB looks great with his hat!!!

RetroVintageModStyle said...

I know! Glad you liked it :)